Next Steps Year 11
We ensure all of our students receive appropriate advice regarding their ‘next steps’ during their time at John Willmott School through a programme of careers education and advice and guidance provided by our pastoral team and careers adviser.
We are fully committed to ensuring our students leave school with a place in the sixth form, at college or in employment with training (e.g. an apprenticeship) in line with the Government’s raising the Participation Age (RPA) agenda.
All young people in England are required to continue in education or training until they are 18 years old. This does not mean they must stay in school and are they are able to choose from:
- full-time education (e.g. at a school or college)
- an apprenticeship or traineeship
- part-time education or training combined with one of the following:
- employment or self-employment for 20 hours or more a week
- volunteering for 20 hours or more a week
All students are encouraged to attend John Willmott Sixth Form Open Evening as well as attend our local schools and college open evenings. There is also a Careers Fair organised by Andrew Mitchell MP that students are encouraged to attend.
This year our Sixth Form open evening is on 20th January 2020.